The Compleat Angler
Fishing game made for Ludum Dare 43. The theme was "Sacrifices must be made".
You have 3 days to fish as much as you can. At the end of every day, return to the dock and sell your fish. Try to get $250 by the end of the run.
Beware: if you're carrying too much, you move slower and sink faster.
If you get into trouble and your boat is damaged, you can throw out some fish to lessen the weight and prevent sinking. Dropping weight also allows you to move faster.
- Pixel art.
- Fish as much as you can in 3 days.
- Drop fish to lose weight to move faster and avoid sinking.
Incomplete or missing:
- Balance: the game is too easy right now, the damage, sinking
speed, amount and patterns and speeds of enemies needs to be adjusted.
- More graphics: we have many unused assets that we had no time to put into the game, and we also wanted to make some more doodads for the environment.
- More sounds effects and music: we had very little time to implement sound.
- Pre/post game story segments: the original idea was to have some panels showing why the cat wanted to go fishing, and also different panels for the ending, changing according to how much fish the player got to sell.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.